Dune du Pilat <-> Cap Ferret
Get the true holiday experience on Arcachon Bay: beautiful landscapes, a wide variety of sites, the quiet waters of the Bay, just right for long boat trips. Discover the Atlantic Coast, with stretches of sandy beaches. Not to mention delightful walks and bike rides.
The Lège-Cap Ferret peninsula, with expansive pine forests and sandy beaches, is home to ten charming oyster-farming villages.
The Dune du Pilat
The highest dune in Europe, the Dune du Pilat, reigns supreme above the waterways of Arcachon Bay.
Opposite the Dune du Pilat, the Banc d’Arguin is a magnificent sandy nature reserve offering a stunning setting between the bay and the ocean.
: 40 min. crossing
- Return trip ticket only valid for a return the same day.
- Not wheelchair-accessible. Please contact us for more information.
- Bikes cannot be transported.
- Dogs are not permitted on the Dune du Pilat.
- When you arrive at the Dune du Pilat, you will board the Beache directly from the beach by ladder.
- Disembarkment is at the southern end of the Dune du Pilat (a half hour walk from the top of the Dune, when arriving from the car park).
- To get to Robinson beach, the boarding point at the Dune du Pilat: take the D218 and then follow the path between the Pyla camp site and the Panorama campsite (20 mins on foot).
- Certain departures and returns may be modified or cancelled due to the tides, sand silting, weather conditions and the unique topography of the Dune and the Banc d’Arguin.
- UBA reserves the right to modify trips, timetables and fares without notice (see our general terms and conditions).