Dune du Pilat <-> Banc d’Arguin
Get the true holiday experience on Arcachon Bay: beautiful landscapes, a wide variety of sites, the quiet waters of the Bay, just right for long boat trips. Discover the Atlantic Coast, stretches of sandy beaches and beautiful walks or bike rides.
The majestic Dune du Pilat
The highest dune in Europe, the Dune du Pilat, reigns supreme above the waterways of Arcachon Bay.
The Banc d’Arguin: an idyllic sandy island
Opposite the Dune du Pilat, the Banc d’Arguin is a magnificent sandy nature reserve offering a stunning setting between the bay and the ocean. Many people love swimming and spending relaxing afternoons at the Banc d’Arguin.
To preserve this natural site, please exercise caution: The Banc d’Arguin is a major nesting ground for numerous bird species.
: 15 min crossing
- Return trip ticket only valid for a return the same day.
- Not wheelchair-accessible. Please contact us for more information.
- Bikes cannot be transported.
- Dogs are not permitted on this crossing.
- The Banc d’Arguin is a sensitive area, subject to regulations for nature reserves.
- To get to Robinson beach, the boarding point at the Dune du Pilat: take the D218 and then follow the path between the Pyla camp site and the Panorama campsite (20 mins on foot).
- From Robinson beach, the boarding point at the Dune du Pilat, you will board the Beache directly from the beach by ladder.
- When you arrive at the Banc d’Arguin, you will disembark from the Beache by ladder onto the beach.
- Certain departures and returns may be modified or cancelled due to the tides, sand silting, weather conditions and the unique topography of the Dune and the Banc d’Arguin.
- UBA reserves the right to modify trips, timetables and fares without notice (see our general terms and conditions).